The SUP is 3.6 miles long and 12 feet wide.
Law enforcement, fire departments, and EMS
are working with the New York State Thruway Authority
and all involved agencies to address issues and
maintain public safety.
The South Nyack – Grand View Police Department
regularly communicates with the New York State Police
and New York State Thruway Authority for coordination
of services and addressing issues as they arise.
Important Information Below:
1. The SUP is open daily from 6:00am – 10:00pm. Temporary closures may occur to due inclement weather, maintenance operations, or security concerns.
2. The SUP can be accessed from 3 locations in South Nyack. The 1st is the new parking lot within the exit 10 interchange that is accessible from either direction on Route 9W. The 2nd is from the intersection of Clinton Ave. & S. Franklin St. (use the concrete pathway). The final location is the staircase on the north end of South Nyack Village Hall (bicyclists are able to walk their bicycles up the stairs).
3. Police services for the SUP are provided by the New York State Police. The South Nyack – Grand View Police Department will provide mutual assistance when appropriate. The New York State Police are patrolling the SUP on UTV’s and ATV’s during SUP hours of operation.
4. An additional security team will monitor the SUP and the Tappan Zee/MC Bridge 24/7. There is a manned security booth on the SUP between South Nyack Village Hall and the S. Broadway overpass.
5. There are 57 parking spaces in the new SUP parking lot on the Rockland County side. There is a 4 hour time limit in these spaces.
6. The visitor centers on both sides have restrooms and water fountains.
7. If assistance is required on the SUP, blue light phones are available.
Please contact the South Nyack – Grand View
Police Department with additional questions or concerns.
(845) 358 – 0206