February 2, 2013
- The Village of South Nyack has formed a task force to be a single point of contact for communication between the Village of South Nyack and the parties involved in the Tappan Zee Bridge replacement project.
The three-member task force will, “monitor, communicate, negotiate, and mitigate the effects of the Tappan Zee Bridge project as it relates to the health, safety, and well-being of the citizens of the Village South Nyack,” according to the Village. Its duties include:
- Represent the interests of South Nyack Village government, public safety officers, and property owners during the project.
- Attend meetings with New York State and the New York State Thruway Authority, State project representatives, project contractor representatives, and elected representatives.
- Communicate with the public and the press under the direction of the Board of Trustees.
- Monitor, document, and report to the Board of Trustees construction impacts and compliance with required mitigations.The task force members are:
- Connie Coker, former Rockland County Legislator
- Jerry Ilowite, Chairman of the South Nyack Planning Board
- Richard Kohlhausen, South Nyack representative to the TZB design selection committee.