The Board and I wish everyone a happy holiday season and a safe and healthy New Year.
Here are some Village updates:
Village Hall Holiday Schedule –
Friday, December 22nd – Closing at 1:00pm
Monday, December 25th – Closed
Friday, December 29th – Closing at 1:00pm
Monday, January 1st – Closed
There will not be a Board of Trustees meeting on Tuesday, December 26, 2017. Our next scheduled board meeting is Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
Some reminders now that the winter weather is upon us:
Winter Snow Removal –
- So that roadways can be plowed, all vehicles, by law, must be off the street within 2 hours after a snow storm has started. (If snow is predicted, the police will not grant permission for over-night street parking.)
- Homeowners are required to have all sidewalks abutting their property cleared within 24 hours of the end of the snowfall.
- Please note that the full width of the sidewalk is required to be cleared of snow and ice. (Article VII/Chapter 93-15 of the Village Code – revision adopted on November 28, 2017)
- Snow cannot be plowed, shoveled or blown into the street. Property owners must inform the person who plows or shovels for them. It is the property owner’s responsibility and non-compliance can result in a fine.
- If possible, wait to clear snow after the storm has ended. It is the policy of the DPW to plow curb-to-curb. This clean-up takes a few hours after the snow has stopped.
- When clearing your driveway, pile the snow to the right of the direction of traffic flow so that the mound does not get pushed back into your driveway by the Village plow.
- Help your neighbors and the Fire Department by clearing the snow from around any fire hydrant near your home.
Thank you for your cooperation during this winter weather season.
Stay warm and enjoy the holiday season,